Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Unexpected Turns of Life

About six months ago, Brian and I began the process to purchase the home were we currently reside. After two failed attempts at mortgages (not because of credit scores or finances: "we would give you the money except...(insert some dumb excuse like it's not a "real" house or you already have an FHA loan"), Mom and I, on a whim, went and looked at a HUD (government owned foreclosure home) home close by. We were going to get an amazing deal on the home, but once more, the deal fell through. The house lacked a heat pump/air conditioning unit, so the mortgage company would, once more, not give us the loan and HUD would not fix it either.
So our life lately has been like the old daisy chant: "He love me, he loves me not.", except, we are moving, we are not! During all this, we have prayed and fasted. We have put our trust in the Lord. Even as everything keeps changing, we have felt the influence of the Lord in our lives, and that may be the biggest blessing of all. I don't know what is going to happen in the next few months, but no matter what happens, we are grateful for the gospel, our home, and our jobs.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Good luck, my friend. I hope you find something that is great for you. I know you will - just be patient.